Button to use VLOOKUP to transfer data

asylum32

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker but have never posted before. Love all the help you guys provide! I couldn't find the solution to this one anywhere (even though I know it exists) due to the inability to specify what I'm looking for in a search. I'll get right to the point -

I am trying to install a button in my "Training" sheet to locate the selected NAME in block C6 of the "April" sheet and the TRAINING in block G6 of the "April" sheet and copy the HOURS they enter in block I6 under the proper DATE corresponding with the proper name and training.

Here are some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. I would be extremely appreciative of any assistance you can provide.

( I would have posted the image in here but I only have this one post and it says I need 5 posts to have permission to post images / links.

If you know how to use imgur you can type the imgur URL backslash yMlAU7o.png to view the image. (Sorry for the hassle I wish I could just post images here)

This screenshot displays both sheets so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Here is an attachment of the file

View attachment LangBook Macro DRAFT.xlsx

HI,

You need to use either a "Forms" or "ActiveX" command button.
Also I do not think you can use a "Vlookup". You will need to use code.

I'll try to post what I think you want. If another member wishes to help..Great

Update:
Will you be updating existing records in the "April" sheet
or will you be adding a new record to it?

Last edited:
HI,

Take a look at this file. When you make your selection click the "Summit" button.
The data you selected should be copied to the last empty row in "April" worksheet.

Attachments

• LangBook Macro DRAFT.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 25
Back