Array working different in two files

Select any cell in the pivot table, then in the Ribbon: PivotTable Tools, Design, Layout section, Report Layout, Tabular.

Ok got that...moving along :)

Right now, let's say I have job number 1339000 and CC of 198 and then I also have the job number 1339000 and CC of 200 below it. The Pivot Table breaks it up like it's suppose to but only lists 1339000 once. Is there a way to list it on each cell if applicable?

This is because an end user is going to copy this data to another workbook and I want to make it as easy as I can for them.

Attachments

• 2014-04-22 Pivot Table.jpg
    2014-04-22 Pivot Table.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 7
Right-click any cell in that column, choose Field settings…, in the Layout & Print tab, check the box Repeat item labels. OK.

I don't have that as an option.

Attachments

• 2014-04-22 Pivot Table2.jpg
    2014-04-22 Pivot Table2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 9
Attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• Time Card-Test2.xlsm
    49.5 KB · Views: 14
It seems you're using Excel 2007. I opened your file in Excel 2010, added repeating labels, saved it and attached it here. What does the pivot table look like in Excel 2007 now?

I'll look for a work-around, in the meantime, is there any possibility of your using a later version of Excel.
It seems you're doing this for other users, so maybe while manipulating the pivot table, the addition of repeating labels can be addressed then (is the data going to be copied as values or as a pivot table?)

Attachments

• Time Card-Test2b.xlsm
    46.8 KB · Views: 10
Opening your file it looks like I want it, but if I edit data and refresh it, it goes back to the old way of consolidating it. I think I'd rather try to achieve this with 2007 because I'm pretty sure across our company there's multiple versions of Excel being used, with 2007 probably being the popular one. I'll double check on that though.

The data is going to be copied as values at this point.

then something along these lines perhaps:
Code:
Set myPT = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable6").TableRange1
With myPT.Offset(myPT.Rows.Count + 6)
  .Value = myPT.Value
  With .Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
    .FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C"
    .Value = .Value
  End With
  .Copy 'ready for pasting somewhere
End With
or, since I copied values only, this can be done at the destination cells rather than use an intermediate table below the pivot table.

Last edited:
Just to update you on this, since you've spent quite a bit of time helping me, your file from post #27 worked great in 2010. As of right now though, I have put this on the backburner. We are possibly re-thinking the way we do the time card and I don't want to put any more time into than I have to.

I really appreciate all your help on this and will be back once we figure out how to proceed.

Thanks!

Back