How to hire someone for a spreadsheet?

Emanuel Levy

Reaction score
I need a spreadsheet for debt reduction. I hired someone on Craigslist and he didn't make what I needed. I did pay him for his work but I need it modified. I don't know how to hire someone to create the sheet with what I need. I have posted this on other sites.

What I want to be able to do is

1) Set multiple payment goals. Expressed as either a % of the credit line or a total dollar amount on a global scale. Three or four options would be enough

2) Establish a "waterfall" after the monthly minimums are reached using leftover funds. And assign the "waterfall" as any of the following (globally) based on goal

A) Smallest to Largest Balance
B) Largest to Smallest Balance

3) Provide the option to assign payments based on the following globally
A) Smallest balance to Largest Balance
B) Largest balance to Smallest Balance
C) Closest to goal %
D) Furthest to goal %

4) On loadup display a message of what cards are within 10% of 100% utilization
5) On loadup display a message of what cards are within $100 of maximum utilization
6) On loadup display a message of what cards are due within 7 days and have not had the minimum paid yet.

Example let's say the total minimum payments for the month based on the fixed payments plus the monthly minimum is 800.00 and after paying the minimum I have $1000 left for the month I would want to apply the $1000 to the waterfall based on two and three. If goal one is 90% and goal three is 85% and goal three is 40% it would first apply the waterfall until all the cards were at 90% and then apply the rest of the money until all the cards were at 85% or the fund ran out. If all the cards reached the 85% goal then it would apply the funds until the third goal is reached.

BUT the ordering of the cards would be user defined. Either prioritizing payments based on the utilization of the card from highest to lowest % or largest to smallest balance For more clarification

Card A is 96 % used
Card B is 98 % used
Card C is 86% used
Card D is 90% used
Card E is 70% used

If the goals were 90%. 85% and 60% then after the minimum payment was reached it would take what was left and apply in the following order Card B, Card A. until they were at 90% or the amount left for bills was 0. Then it would go Card B, Card A, Card D, Card C until they were at 85% or the amount left for bills was 0 but the actual order would be based on either largest balance to smallest balance, smallest balance to largest balance, closest to goal % or furthest from goal %

Attachments

• My_debt_plan-Personal-for_posting.xlsm
    91.6 KB · Views: 12
You could hire me, I am sure I could achieve what you want.

You need to:
- state what you are willing to pay
- how you are willing to pay (all at start, stage payments, all at end)
- what the other guy did
- what he didn't do or did incorrectly
- what your timeframe is
- what your availability for questions is
- what the success criteria are
- anything else you can think of

You could hire me, I am sure I could achieve what you want.

You need to:
- state what you are willing to pay
- how you are willing to pay (all at start, stage payments, all at end)
- what the other guy did
- what he didn't do or did incorrectly
- what your timeframe is
- what your availability for questions is
- what the success criteria are
- anything else you can think of

After spending $100.00 on the last version my budget only allows another $75.00 if all at once. $150 if I can pay $50 a month.

My time frame is by the end of May.

I can answer questions daily. Generally within two hours of receiving them.

The other guy added the Main tab and Data Processing Tab. On the main tab he has the 3 utilization goals but what is lacking is

1) No on load warnings that I need (Near limit, close to due date and minimum due soon and not paid)
2) The Waterfall/Snowball does not work
3) No sorting option to display accounts in order of Interest Rate, (Low to High or High to low), Utilization (Low to High or High to low), or Credit Limits (Low to High or High to low)

Back