Thread: I need a formula for managment in excel

I need a formula for managment in excel

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Dear Members,
    First I'm a new user on this forum, and I would like to say Hello to everyone.
    Second I have a few questions regarding my attached excel table.

I work in a firm that produces parts, and I reqularly recieve forecasts from our partners, which shows us how many parts they want on each daily shipments we send them, these forecasts are broken down to days and usually consist of 3 months.
    My question is what formula I should use if I want to put our actual stock in for example B7, B8, B9, B10, and I would like to see for what date its fully enough according to the forecast, and If its not enough for a date it shouldn't even mention that date. If its for example 340 parts left and the last date requires 400 it should say the prvious date. I would like to see the dates (that our stock is enough for) in C7,C8,C9,C10. Further I would like to use this table in a way, that if a day passes I would like to minus our stock in the easiest way and erase the actual date from the forecast if the delivery is made on the given day. This is what I would like to do in my attached table. Thanks in advance.

Dugo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Dugo, can you repost your workbook with a couple of manually worked examples?

Hi Bob, of course, I've attached the workbook with examples, and more infos
    Attached Files Attached Files

So none can help me?

I took a look, but I have no idea what you are trying to do, so clearly I couldn't help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sda.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	2194
    So there is this B8 cell, and I want excel to minus the 3rd row from it, and tell the last number it can't minus:

B8 is 780, Excel counts: B3 is 120, still 660 is left of B8, it counts further C3 is 360, still 300 is left from B8, and D3 is 320. I would like a formula that counts this and writes C2's value in C8 (3.28): meaning C3 was the last number that could fully be minused out of B8, than excel puts 300 whats left of B8 into D8.