Save from a current workbook to a new folder

khanaran

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi All

Im a 62 year pensioner that have a part time position in a small company to help them with their wages each month

Im developing a small programme to help me automate the process.

My current workbook (NEWWAGE)has 5 worksheets
Staff info
Capture
Summary
Payslips
Analysis.

I would like a macro that would open the capture worksheet and allow me to enter data and once done I would like the macro to
save the data into another folder wages containing workbooks each called mar 2014 apr 2014 etc.

For example this month's data to be saved under mar 2014 in folder wage

After the data has been saved , the current capture worksheet must be cleared for next months entry

Thanx in anticipation for advice and help

I can send my work if required to do so and if Im allowed to do so

Regards

raj

I would like a macro that would open the capture worksheet and allow me to enter data and once done
I don't understand why you need macro for that

for the rest attach please a sample file with also desired result

macro to save a worksheet

I don't understand why you need macro for that

for the rest attach please a sample file with also desired result

Hi Patel

I tried to record a macro to do the process but somehow I did not get the worksheet to save into the correct folder

Regards

raj

I'm sorry, but I can not understand your goal
1) I would like a macro that would open the capture worksheet and allow me to enter data and once done

can you explain in more words ?

macro save

I'm sorry, but I can not understand your goal
1) I would like a macro that would open the capture worksheet and allow me to enter data and once done

can you explain in more words ?

I would like that after I capture data into the capture worksheet, it automatically populates the summary payslip and analysis worksheets

I would like a macro to capture the current work to another folder that will now have a backup of the current workbook bu will be called by the month we are working on

The macro may be setup to print the summary sheet
the payslips
the analysis sheet

after the backup process

the capture sheet in the current work to be cleared for next month's data

Thanx in anticipation

REgards

Raj

Raj,

So basically you just want to save the workbook under a new name, clear out capture, and save the current workbook back?

hi Bob

Thanx for responding

Yes thats what I would like to do each month save the current workbook after I had entered info into the capture worksheet

the workbook must be saved to another workbook and be named for the month eg this month is march nxt april.

After saving

I would like to print out the summary sheet
payslips and
analysis

after all this the current capture worksheet to be cleared for entry next month

Thanx in anticipation

raj

Back