Thread: Inserting a different total to a column

Articles

Inserting a different total to a column

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi there. I have a rather interesting situation. I need to put a different total to a column i.e I have a pt where there is a 'Units sold' column but rather than having 'total units sold' at the end of the column, I would like to insert a 'total money value'. Is this possible? Would I need to change the mdx?

I source my data from cubes on analysis services.
    Many thanks

Are you talking about the heading? If so, just rename it.

Articles
    Hi Bob...no I'm looking to replace the total units number with a monetary value. So the column displays the units sold but at the end where you're supposed to have total units sold you'll have the monetary value

You mean you want to show just the total as a monetary value? I can't see that being possible, that is a fundamental part of the pivot.

Why not just add a value column to your pivot and that will total?

Articles
    Hi Bob...now you understand my frustration! The CEO wants it that way and I've told her this is not how pivots work...I've racked my brains over this one but I reckon I'll have to 'sell' another way of presenting the data.

Many thanks - this is a great site btw I've learnt a lot here

Would it be okay to have two pivots, one showing all of the rows with the units number, and a separate one showing just a grand total of value?