Need Help With AVERAGE Function!

nogoalstoday

Reaction score
So my data consists of two independent variables, one in column a and the other in column b. I am looking to find the average of values in column b that correspond to values in column a that exceed a value.

Sorry if that is hard to understand. Column A features Birthrates by county, and column B features the Highschool dropout rate in the same county. I am trying to figure out how to find the average high school dropout rate in counties with >15% birthrate.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this!

I am an excel noobie, I could do =averageif functions, but I cannot figure out how to do it while including more than one column..

=IF(B2:B41>=15,AVERAGE(C2:C41)," ")

this is what I have so far and it does not seem to work

So my data consists of two independent variables, one in column a and the other in column b. I am looking to find the average of values in column b that correspond to values in column a that exceed a value.

Sorry if that is hard to understand. Column A features Birthrates by county, and column B features the Highschool dropout rate in the same county. I am trying to figure out how to find the average high school dropout rate in counties with >15% birthrate.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this!

I am an excel noobie, I could do =averageif functions, but I cannot figure out how to do it while including more than one column..
Please attach your workbook so we can take a look at it. Then it will be easier to help.

Try this array formula

=AVERAGE(IF(B2:B41>=15,C2:C41))

Or this if you have 201 or 2013

=AVERAGEIF(B2:B41,">=15",C2:C41)

Back