Need to pull data from two different excel sheets and put into a 3rd sheet

Stormy4757

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I don’t know where else to start. My manager just gave me a project that she wants done by this coming Tuesday. I was given two spreadsheets that I need to pull data from. I need to put this data into a newly created report/spreadsheet/database. Basically these spreadsheets contain employee name, preferred ID, enterprise role, manager, Level 2 manager, Level 3 manager, Level 4 manager, etc. My manager said she would use Access database. I have used Access but it has been a few years since my last use. Does anyone have and experience with pulling fields of data into a new report? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks Simi! I took a look but I don't think this would work for me. I have neer worked with code. Wouldn't even know where to enter it.

It would be good if you could post examples of the two sheets (replace confidential data) and then what the final sheet should look like.

We need to know how the 2 sheets are related if any and how you want them consolidated into 1.

Well I ended up doing this manually and matching all of the column names, etc, so I could copy in the smaller of the two spreadsheets. Then I sorted it.

Back