vLookup with wildcards (equivalent of "contains") - best solution?

You have a real problem there Claire. There is no realistic way of determining how those addresses map onto those areas. You need some sort of intermediary mapping table that can do that lookup.

You have a real problem there Claire. There is no realistic way of determining how those addresses map onto those areas. You need some sort of intermediary mapping table that can do that lookup.

Thanks Bob, never mind it was worth a try :( your help and expertise is most appreciated. Claire

Lookup Contains Value

I have two data one subscriber ID and Campaign Name. Campaign name contains subscriber ID.

Now looking for Campaign Name in in front of contains subscriber ID.

Please help to solve this...

Attachments

• Lookup Contans Value.xlsx
    13 KB · Views: 62
I can't get this to work. Please Help!

I think this ARRAY formula does what you want

=--SUM(IFERROR(MATCH("*"&author_names!$A$2:$A$6&"*",A2,0),0))

I've tried adding this formula to the spreadsheet givenView attachment author_names.xlsx but I can't get it to work. Does it work in excel 2003? If so it may be that I'm not getting the array to work properly.

Would someone mind posting the final working excel file here for me so I can see how it looks when working or suggest where I'm going wrong in trying to get this formula into the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Example

I've tried adding this formula to the spreadsheet givenView attachment 5219 but I can't get it to work. Does it work in excel 2003? If so it may be that I'm not getting the array to work properly.

Would someone mind posting the final working excel file here for me so I can see how it looks when working or suggest where I'm going wrong in trying to get this formula into the spreadsheet.

Here's my attempt to do this which doesn't work for me.View attachment author_names1.xlsx

Back