Project.

djdionysus

Reaction score
Hi All. I am new to this forum, and I thought I would ask the experts here about my quandary.

I am currently working on a project to upgrade an inventory spreadsheet. On the spreadsheet there are 2 fields for current inventory in two locations, an Ordered field (for current orders), and a Total current inventory field. The current inventory field formula is currently =A1+B1-C1.

The issue I am wondering about is whether or not there would be a way to update A1 or B1 when the value in C1 is deleted.

For example. Currently the total field shows the accurate current inventory with the on order field being occupied (C1). As more and more orders are closed out, the total will change on a frequent basis.

Back to my question. So if an order (C1) is finished, and the value is removed, is there a way to update A1 or B1 when that value is removed.

They are trying to make the process a bit more automated considering the amount of orders that pass through the business on a daily basis.

I have been thinking about possibly using nested if's/and's to do this, but I am struggling a bit.

Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Brandon

I'm not sure I follow everything you are trying to explain.
A sample book with the data you have and what you are trying to accomplish is helpful.

Do you want the value in A1 or B1 to change the same amount that C1 was before it was deleted?
are the values in A1 B1 or C1 calculated by formulas?

Values in A1, B1, and C1 are an entered values.

What I am looking for is a way to subtract the value from C1 from A1 when C1 is deleted. The purpose of it is to reflect the true current inventory once an order is completed.

if you make a macro, you could link to a button on the form, you could do this easily.
The problem is you need to have a value in the cell to delete from a1.

so your macro could look something like

sub c1_delete()
activesheet.range("A1")= activesheet.range("A1") - activesheet.range("C1")
activesheet.range("C1")= ""
end sub

Back