Customize popup menu of Trace Error Button in Excel with VBA

dee

Reaction score
Hi,
the Trace Error button appears next to the cell in which a formula error occurs (e.g. #REF!), and a green triangle appears in the upper-left corner of the cell.
Is it possible (with VBA) to customize popup menu which appears after click on 'Trace Error Button' in Excel?
Kind regards,
Dan

Hi Dan,

As in you want to add items to the menu? Should be possible... just need to figure out the name of the menu popup... let me see what I can find out.

Hi Dan,

As in you want to add items to the menu? Should be possible... just need to figure out the name of the menu popup... let me see what I can find out.

Hi Ken,
Ok, this would be great if you would find the name of the menu. I was not able to find that out. According to my research this menu does not exist :).
Kind regards, Dan

Hmm... so maybe not as easy as I thought. This doesn't appear to be a right click menu, which is why you couldn't figure out the name. Some speculation it may be a SmartTag, although I haven't been able to confirm that as of yet.

Hmm... so maybe not as easy as I thought. This doesn't appear to be a right click menu, which is why you couldn't figure out the name. Some speculation it may be a SmartTag, although I haven't been able to confirm that as of yet.

Hi Ken,
I have tried to find SmartTag for that cell (which contains '#REF!' value) but there was no SmartTag defined. Tha same for the sheet. Maybe I am doing something wrong or it is not an SmartTag...
Kind regards, Dan

Back