Daily Log

Jim G

Reaction score
Hi, i have been working on a Daily Log for a while now and have gotten this far reworking formulas to supply Elapsed times and Trip miles Etc (Please see Attached). View attachment Daily Log.xlsx:yield:Seems I am now stuck at the personal miles column. I would like to have a formula that would subtract the first number after a series of Blank cells (they do contain formulas so are not actually blank) from the last cell containing a number before this paticular series of Blank cells, this formula idealy would repeat throughout the whole column making it auto filling if possible.

Sure would apperciate any help on this:high5:

Thanks
Jim

Last edited:
I am a little confused as to what you are trying to accomplish with this.
If by example you want to show a 0, for personal miles between oct 1 and oct 2, and then show 18 for personal miles between oct 3 and oct 4 this will work.
However you have some inconsistency with the dates in column A. There is also not a row with just a date for oct 4. and from row 50 down your date format changed to text instead of dates.
This formula will need some additional error checking and your data needs to be more uniform.

but try this in column J.

=IF(ISBLANK(E3),MIN(IF(IFERROR(DAY(IF(ISBLANK(A:A),"",A:A)),"")=DAY(A3)+1,IF(ISBLANK(E:E),"",E:E),""))-MAX(IF(IFERROR(DAY(IF(ISBLANK(A:A),"",A:A)),"")=DAY(A3),E:E,"")),"")

I started in J3 and copied it down.
Hopefully this will get you on the right track for what you want to accomplish.

Daily Log Solution

Hi Simi, Thanks for the reply.I was not able to get it to work but did get me think again. I found a solution to my problem, the problem was mainly to find a formula to search out the next higest number in a column of numbers regardless of empty spaces. i will post an attachment so you can see if you are intrested. i know that it is incomplete in dealing with the first numbers in the column and the last as well as blank spaces over 3 in a row. that just needs a little more work to extend into these areas.
regards,
Jim.

Attachments

• Daily Log Revised.xlsx
    15.8 KB · Views: 9
Jim, I'm sorry I forgot to mention that you need to enter the formula as an array formula, by hitting ctrl+shift+enter to exit the cell.

Back