Importing/converting .csv file data to an Excel template

lydia

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like to know if it's possible to use a .csv data file in order to fill out entries in a pre-made Excel file/template. The data at the moment is separated by commas and I've figured out how to get it into individual cells using 'Import from Text' in Excel, however I have a table in another Excel file complete with logos and headings and I'd like to import selected data from the .csv file into the correct fields in the template.
I have a lot of .csv files to do this for and know there must be a quicker way than copy paste!
Not used Macro before but I believe that's the answer. Can anyone shed any light on the challenge please? :)

1. Can you upload a sample file so we know what the table looks like.
2. Is your import file always the same number of rows?
3. Is the table always the same size?
4. Do the logo's and headings need to change based on the data imported?

1. Can you upload a sample file so we know what the table looks like.
2. Is your import file always the same number of rows?
3. Is the table always the same size?
4. Do the logo's and headings need to change based on the data imported?

Thanks for the specifics. The table looks like this once I've imported the .csv to Excel:
payment_typedate_paymentamount_totalmoneybooker_idcl_namesibandate_requestrep_ids/name
xxxxxxxx
There is one set of data per file, and I'd like to use the payment information to add into a pre-made Invoice template.
2. There are always the same number of rows.
3. The table is always this size once I've 'imported from text' the .csv to Excel.
4. The headings and logos in the Invoice template will be identical. I just need the payment information from each file to complete the field in an invoice made in Excel.

(If there's also a way to quickly import the .csv files into Excel without having to individually specify the headings in the 'Import from Text' Wizard each time too that would be fantastic.)

If there's anything else let me know, thanks!

Back