Need help with a macro please

uberuser

Reaction score
Hello folks!

I'm learning slowly how to write simple macros, and always find lots of useful information from previous questions on this and other forums, thank you!

I have posed myself a task to make my life easier whilst at work that I hope you can help me with?

I have a spreadsheet that I use to keep track of consultation periods on for any type of change at work, for instance terms and conditions, or redundancies.

I have used a simple formula to give me a count of how many live consultations I currently have ongoing on the register as at when it is opened each time, but I would like the ability to forecast forward.

I would like to do this by writing a simple macro that does the following:

• Open the consultation register.xlsx
  • Ask for a date in an input box
  • Insert date from input box into cell B7 of the consultation register.xlsx
  • Compare each of the rows with a blank cell in column U and, if the date in column T is earlier than the date in B7, insert the date from column T.
  • Save the file using a saveas box prefilled with the title consultation register as at [date in cell B7]

Would any kind individual help point me on the right track please?

I have attached the spreadsheet in question, there are currently no macros within, just formulae.

View attachment Consultation register.xlsx

Your assistance is much appreciated. Thank you.

Avoid 'Select' and 'Activate' in VBA.
Avoid 'merged cells' in VBA.
Start with the basics in VBA: e.g. VBA for Dummies (J. Walkenbach).

Agree with SNB. I taught myself VBA macro coding using VBA for Dummies (J. Walkenbach) (and then continued via google).

Back