Help on SUMIFS Function

Karan

Reaction score
Hi guys, am facing a problem with my Expense Summary. Am trying to pull my Expenses by Plan (OP, Actual & S2) from summary sheet using SUMIFS function. I have used SUMIF function earlier but in this case i have 2 conditions, One is check as per the Expense Head and Second as per Plan (OP, Actual, S2). I have to use multiple criteria as per my reporting as i can change the Plan in the column rather than amending the formula. Am getting a error when am using the SUMIFS function. Can someone please help in this. I have prepared a sample sheet which am attaching with this query. Please help in case any other way to sum the Expense head as per the Plan. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Expenses.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 28
Try instead:

=SUMIFS(INDEX(Summary!$C:$E,0,MATCH(B$1,Summary!$C$1:$E$1,0)),Summary!$A:$A,Sheet1!$A2)

Thanks for the quick reply. I had infact used Index and Match with the sumifs combination, but i made a mistake in selecting the entire range in Index which was giving me a incorrect value. My report is working great, thanks once again. :D

Back