counting time between change in status

swooshy

Reaction score
I need to count the number of days to 4 decimal places for a change in status. For example, the start and end dates would be in the following format:

28/10/2013 13:39
11/11/2013 11:51

to give an answer like 9.925

The weekend dates would also need to be excluded however not every Saturday and Sunday as they may be worked from occasion so i would have a manual tab of the dates that I would like to exclude. I have tried using the networkdays formula and while it works it only returns whole numbers which is not completely fair or reflective on the actual time taken by the various departments.

Anybody able to share some expertise on this? If you need more info please let me know!!

Thanks in advance!!

If I exclude weekends in your sample, I get 11.925. Are you exluding the 28th and the 11th (ie, the actual start/end dates) also?

also.. please do not crosspost without links.

If I exclude weekends in your sample, I get 11.925. Are you exluding the 28th and the 11th (ie, the actual start/end dates) also?

also.. please do not crosspost without links.

i may have calculated it wrongly in my initial post. I would need to exclude selected dates not specifically weekends. I would have a table of the dates in a seperate tab that i would need to have excluded from the calc

I mean you posted the same question at Ozgrid, and possibly other forums. You need to show the links to those threads here, so that we can see if anyone else has already been working with your or has answered your question, thus allowing us not to waste our volunteer time.

Please read the link I posted in my last post above.

swooshy you posted the same question at

msofficeforums
mrexcel
excelforum
ozgrid
excelguru

any others?

Just trying to determine if it's worthwhile spending any time trying to assist you.

Suspect that "manual tab of the dates that I would like to exclude" would be best suited to a VBA solution.

Back