F9

g48dd

Reaction score
Excel 2003: I need to recalculate after I run a macro, is there a line I could put at the end of my macro that would do this for me, instead of having to use F9?

Thank you
Ken

Add this code at the end of your macro:

With ActiveSheet
.EnableCalculation = False
.EnableCalculation = True
.Calculate
End With

Hello Jonix, I can usually adjust things so they work but I am having problems with this, I am getting can not execute in break mode. This is what the end of my code looks like:
Code:
    Set rngCells = Union(rngCells, Range("A2677,A2696,A2699,A2731,A2765,A2768,A2800,A2803,A2835,A2838,A2869"))
    Set rngCells = Union(rngCells, Range("A2884,A2887,A2919,A2922,A2941,A2944,A2955,A2958,A2977,A2980"))

With rngCells.Interior
        .ColorIndex = 37
        .Pattern = xlSolid

With ActiveSheet
.EnableCalculation = False
.EnableCalculation = True
.Calculate
End With

End Sub

Does that code compile? (Debug-->Compile VBA Project)

It looks to me like you're missing an "End With" right after the .Pattern=xlSolid

Jonix, curious why you turn calculation off, then on, then calculate? I would have thought Activesheet.Calculate would be sufficient? Have you found that not to be the case?

Jonix, curious why you turn calculation off, then on, then calculate? I would have thought Activesheet.Calculate would be sufficient? Have you found that not to be the case?

Hey! I found this in official MSDN :) Tested in my Excel and it worked - for entire workbook. Thats interesting because "ActiveSheet" normaly is not all sheets in workbook.. but it works (recalculates) for all sheets.

I decided to keep the original Microsoft advice - just in case. Maybe on some Excel versions it is required?

Weird...

I can see why it would work that way. I've always forced my workbooks/worksheets to calculate using the following (depending on what I needed.)

Code:
Application.Calculate
ActiveSheet.Calculate
Range.Calculate

Back