Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: find data based on depth ranges

find data based on depth ranges

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Good Day

I have data in sheet 1 which I want to sort in sheet 2 based on depth ranges, by giving chainage,diameter, trench width and depth. For example at chainage -370.59 diameter is 916,width is 2.1,depth is 0.34m and length is 0.0m. All this info must go to depth range 0-2m.

Your help will be highly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good evening,

Please see the attached file. I could only use the first line of formulas or the file would've been too big to upload. Highlight the formulas in row 5 and copy down. I believe the most prolific range had about 650 lines.

Best of luck,

Hi bgoree09

Thanks a lot, it works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by bgoree09 View Post
    Good evening,

Please see the attached file. I could only use the first line of formulas or the file would've been too big to upload. Highlight the formulas in row 5 and copy down. I believe the most prolific range had about 650 lines.

Best of luck,

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010 on Xubuntu

Hi bgoree09

I have a different question by answering the same question.

If I only want to use same depth ranges but group for example all pipes with 916mm diameter in "Sheet 916" for different range i.e. 0-2m,2-3m, etc and do the same for "Sheet 816 and 610"

Hello again,

On "Flag 1" add the diameter to the beginning of the concatenate (ex: 9162-3m1)

Then add the pertinent number to the formulas on each page; ex:

=IFERROR(INDEX('Sheet 1'!$B:$B,MATCH("916"&'Sheet 2'!$A$3&ROW()-4,'Sheet 1'!$M:$M,0)),"")

Hope this helps,

Hi bgoree09

Thank you very much for your help. it works great

Regards

Hi bgoree09

I guess I celebrated too soon. When I try 610 and 816 it does not give me the correct data. I have tried retyping the formula several times but keep on getting incorrect data.

Regards

Good morning,

Can you upload the file please?

Thanks,

Hi bgoree09

Thanks for you reply. I have delete some rows ancolumns to make file smaller. In a nutshell I have used the same formular from "Sheet 916" using cell B2 as reference instead of puting the diameter "916" in a formular. I have tried it on 916mm pipe and it works. When using the same formula for 816mm and 610mm. it bring the wrong data.

Thanks again for your help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast