How to 'pull down' a formula through 15,000 rows?

Rick

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
How do I 'pull down' a formula down a large number of rows? I won't live long enough to drag it down manually. Would you help a simple man with a simple question?
Thanks,
Rick

Simply click the first cell that has the formula once then scroll to the last cell hold shift key and click that cell once, then in your menu bar at the top choose>edit>fill>down and hey presto cells filled!

Hover the mouse pointer over the small black box in the bottom right corner of the cell you want to copy down. The mouse pointer will change from a white cross to a thinner black cross. Doubleclick on the small black box , and the formula/cell contents will be copied down as far as there is contiguous data in the column on the left...i.e. copied down until the first gap or (if no gaps) the end of the data.

If there is no data on the column in the left, but there IS data in the column on the right, then the formula/cell contents will be copied down as far as there is contiguous data in the column on the right...i.e. copied down until the first gap or (if no gaps) the end of the data.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SRctg5BTg

Ha...Simon Lloyd SUPER moderator...faster than a speeding Jeff Weir ;-)

Lol Jeff, i didn't give the "handle click" solution because i assumed there wasn't any data and the workbook was just being constructed :)

BTW I'm bullet proof too :)

Thanks so much guys. I don't usually work with this much data, and I had never seen the little double-click thingy before.
Best,
Rick

Back