Need help flagging accounts to be paid

Emanuel Levy

Reaction score
I'm still working on my spreadsheet which is for my use and may be shared with an online forum but would not be sold.

I'm trying to figure out how do to the following

Steps when Excel Opens the Spreadsheet

1) Write today's date into date last opened field
2) Check list of accounts to see if any have a blank date for Statement Close date and if so pop-up a reminder that the dates are needed
3) Compile list of what accounts have a due date of seven or less days from today and a last paid date prior to statement close date OR last payment less than card minimum
4) Then flag them as need to be paid ASAP
4) Check last paid date against that list and compile a new list of accounts that need to be paid

For 1) I believe I can just have a cell = to Today()
I don't know how to do steps 2-4

Suggestions on what to read up about would be appreciated

(Banks, and account information are fake numbers for example use only)

Attachments

• My_debt_plan-Personal-r3.xlsm
    82.8 KB · Views: 16
The problem with using Today() is that it will always be today, so if you want to know the date last opened, you'll need to paste its value to a spare cell, so that its there when the spreadsheet is re-opened. Personally I suggest you look at using VBA as you can design routines around these dynamic operations that can be run to order, or on certain events occurring (e.g. Opening or Closing a Workbook).

Boarding flight. Look at last saved in CELL function and use conditional formatting.

Boarding flight. Look at last saved in CELL function and use conditional formatting.
Hi Wizard - Hope your having/have had a good flight. It might be me, but I couldn't find anything about last saved in the CELL function. Can you elaborate ?

Cheers
Hercules

Hello,

I use this to pull the last saved date. Hope it helps.

Function LastSaved() As Date
Application.Volatile
LastSaved = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12)
End Function

Call from a cell as "=LastSaved()"

Good luck,

Hello,

I use this to pull the last saved date. Hope it helps.

Function LastSaved() As Date
Application.Volatile
LastSaved = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12)
End Function

Call from a cell as "=LastSaved()"

Good luck,

Thanks - That info is very useful to have

Hercules :)

Back