Formula needed

wowzers

Reaction score
Hi, please check out my spreadsheet. I appreciate it if any one of you geniuses can help me out as I cant figure how to do this :frusty:

Download from the above link.....Sheet1 is what I am interested in having the formula do

It would look up all the divided values and find if any are within 0.2 of each other and highlight the matches different colours from other matches.

Thankyou all in advance

Can you attach your file in the forum directly using the forum tools (Go Advanced - paperclip icon) or through a non-subscription site like dropbox or skydrive.

need to remove /showdownload.php from middle of OP's link to get file.

Thanks NoS :)

wowsers, please try selecting D3:X27 and apply conditional formatting using "use a formula to determine which cells to format", then insert formula:

=AND(D3<>"",COUNTIFS($D$3:$X$27,">="&D3-$AA$1,$D$3:$X$27,"<="&D3+$AA$1)>1)

where AA1 contains the factor you are looking for (e.g. 0.2)

You can change the factor to observe different results.

Thanks NoS :)

wowsers, please try selecting D3:X27 and apply conditional formatting using "use a formula to determine which cells to format", then insert formula:

=AND(D3<>"",COUNTIFS($D$3:$X$27,">="&D3-$AA$1,$D$3:$X$27,"<="&D3+$AA$1)>1)

where AA1 contains the factor you are looking for (e.g. 0.2)

You can change the factor to observe different results.

Thankyou NBVC, however this isnt working correctly....I substituted AA1 in the formula with the factor I was looking for and it ended up highlighting all the cells I had highlighted and then some I didnt even highlight. What seems to be the problem?

wowzers
when I tried this, it seemed to work OK with the suggested formula, but I did notice that with a tolerance of 0.2 most of the numbers had other ones within the tolerance, so that the CF would apply. I think there were maybe 3 with no others within the tolerance. I can't confirm this because I didn't save a copy and I can't get another copy of the file from filedropper.

I suggest you check the formatting formula for errors (it sounds like a range might be wrong). Also, check some of the addresses that are outside your conditional group against the conditional formula(e) to see if you can see why they are being formatted (multiple rules maybe?).

HTH

HTH

Back