How to construct a paper form inside Excel by scanning the form into Excel

yabi

Reaction score
I hope I am asking in the right place. Also this is some how related to Excel not completely.

My task:
I have 5 paper forms. I have all my database inside an excel table sheet. I have to fill 5 forms for each record. I have constructed 2 of the forms in 2 different sheets in the same file. When I enter record number in those tabs, data are collected from db sheet by lookup formula.

My problem
So I have to make 3 more forms. This task is not difficult but it is tedious and time consuming. I want the forms to look like exactly same as paper one.

My questions
1- What is your best solution to do this work?
2- In order to expedite the form construction task inside Excel, I was thinking to scan the paper form into excel file, and make it transparent to see it in the background so I can adjust the cell length and height easily and fast to construct the form. I am not sure if it is possible or not and if possible, how can I do the scan transparent to see the cells?

I should add that my forms are not in English so I don't think I can use advantage of Adobe acrobat form solutions.
Will be thankful to have your ideas.

Last edited:
Back