Excel Cannot Complete task with Available resources

HowardC

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel 2016
I have recently obtained a new PC with Windows 7 and 4GB iof rqam. From time to time when I have only 1 or 2 Excel files open and try to open another file (Excel 2007), a message cames up , "Excel cannot complete the task with available resources"

It would be appreciated if you would be able to assist me

It does all depend on what else is running on your pc and what tasks the other two excel files are performing and how intensive those tasks are.

Hi Simon

Thanks for the reply. The Excel files that I had open today are very small. I also has Outlook open as well as one small program. When I had XP on my old PC , I never experienced this problem.

I'm sure that something else is causing this problem, but the million dollar question is what

Regards

Howard

Hi Simon

Do you think that a registry cleaner such as CCleaner may be able to sort out the problem or do you have any other suggestions that may sort the problem out?

Hi Roger

Thanks for the reply andinformation

As far as I know all my add-ins have been disabled, but I will check this again when I get into the office.

I will install CCleaner on my office PC and run a clean as well

Regards

Howard

Hi Ken

Thanks for the reply. I have run CCleaner and since then, I no longer have this problem, except when If I open an Excel attachment and i have several Excel files open

Regards

Howard

Back