cell ranges based on Month

flyinghigher2011

Reaction score
in N3 i have Aug13 and in c8:c38 i have 1 August 2013 - 31 August 2013, what i would like to know is this, if i put a different month in that has "june" which has 30 day how can i have the cells c8:c38 automatically change to that month and remove the extra row so the cell range would then become c8:c37 and visa versa for 31 days.

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'.
Click 'Reply to Thread' in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'.
Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments.

You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page.
Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file.

To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page.
Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window.
You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

Last edited:
Try using dates instead of text.

In N3 put the date and format as "mmmm", so 1/7/13 displays as July.

In C8 use = N3

In C9 = C8+1 and copy down to C35.

In C36 type =IF(MONTH(C35+1)>MONTH(C35),"",C35+1) and copy down to C38

C8 to C38 should be formatted as "d"

Change N3 to 1/2/13 or any other date. Always use the first day of the month

is there a way of getting it remove a row if there is only 30 days in the month and add a row if there is 31? just asking

Last edited:
Have you tried what I suggested?

The formulas in the last three cells only display if relevant to that month

Back