Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: vlookup picks wrong values from another sheet

  1. #1

    vlookup picks wrong values from another sheet



    Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

    Dear All,

    I have two sheets. I have used vlookup to find out the correct match but it's updating with wrong values.

    Comparing vaues from sheet tagist1 to dba_tagitest, gives wrong values.
    Attatcments are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Conjurer royUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    155
    Articles
    0
    Excel Version
    most versions
    Looks like the data range is wrong to me

    Sheet1'!$B$1:$D$2800

    Should be

    Sheet1'!$A$1:$D$2800
    Hope that helps

    Roy

  3. #3
    i tried that also but it's not updating correct values.

  4. #4
    Ideally, for the VLOOKUP you would want column C to be your primary sort and the Range_lookup to be FALSE so that you get an exact match. Something like this:

    =VLOOKUP(C1,'[dba_tagitest@192.168.39.152.xlsx]Sheet1'!$C$1:$D$2800,2,FALSE)

    However, if that type of sorting is not available, and INDEX and MATCH formula should do the trick. Try this:

    =INDEX('[dba_tagitest@192.168.39.152.xlsx]Sheet1'!$D:$D, MATCH(C1,'[dba_tagitest@192.168.39.152.xlsx]Sheet1'!$C:$C,0))

    Let me know how it goes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •