Syncing a Worksheet

Mountains4u

Reaction score
I've got a Rental Summary that I fill out when taking an order from a customer and within my template I've got a separate worksheet that I would hand to the technician to prepare the rental order.

I'd like to be able to have the Rental Summary I fill out auto-populate the worksheet I hand to the technician. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Mountains, the answer to your question is... yes it's possible.

Achieving what you want requires knowing what you're starting with and what you're wanting to end up with.
Posting a sample workbook with the Rental Summary filled out and the worksheet you give the technician would go a long way to increase chances of assistance.

You need to attach the workbook for a proper answer.

This formula will copy the entry from Sheet1, cell A1 to the cell containing the formula

=Sheet1!A1

Hopefully my attachment works.

If so, I'm trying to have the info I enter into the "Client Rental Summary" worksheet (quantity and respective pricing formulas) to auto populate the "Drop-Off Take down Checklist" which I would give to whomever is assigned to setting up and taking down the rental equipment. Make sense?

Attachments

• Rental Agreement_Template.xlsx
    245.4 KB · Views: 12
Mountains, follow Roy's suggestion.

Start with the quantities of rental items so you see it works.
Maybe the order of the items in the quantities sections are different for a reason, but if the layouts were the same then you would be able to set the formula in cell A21 of the checklist and just drag it down for the rest of the items.

The date, name, location section will be more challenging because of the merged cells.
You may want to do away with merged cells and use horizontal alignment of 'center across selection' instead.

Good Luck with the project.

Thanks for the pointers, I've got my workbook ironed out that way I need it and have implemented. Done and done!

Back