VBA show next persons (prioritize) for selected training

tim

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hello all,

As a personnel chef I have been working for a while with my excel file to maintain an overview
of our workers who have contracts of maximum 2 years.
The goal of my excel is:
1) Keep a db of our workers (First Sheet) and consitution of equippes (Second Sheet)
2) Overview of followed trainings (Third Sheet)
- I have to make sure all of them have a minimum of training in a well defined set of trainings taking into
account of their experience so far, etc .... All of them have the right to follow a max of 5 trainings.
I subscribe candidates in a first in first serve principle ... (those who are first in contract can attend first)
to check their respective dates ..

So On the third sheet it would be nice to know at a glance (vba??) a priority list of who is next in line without having
to go over each and everyones contract starting date and match that to whomever had not followed the
training so far. Candidates who have already followed the training are marked with an x in the right column
(this cell becomes green through conditional formatting) and when a candidate has followed 5 traiings their
column becomes red.
So in short visualize candidates cell for training .... for ex. A and B are next in line to follow course Gyproc ... -> a 1 appears under A and 2 appears under B
When I select another training the same happens ....

An extra would be to be able to select the candidates for the selected training and copy their respective data (names, birthdate, national n°, ...)
to be able to paste in a registration form.

I realize it's a rather difficult problem description so I will include the workbook ... Hopefully there are people out there with great ideas!!?

Attachments

• Test.xlsm
    328.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi Tim. When you say those who are first in contract can attend first - Which column in which sheet shows this?

Hey Jeffrey, thankx for taking the time to look at it ... This info should be taken from the first worksheet (tab "Traject") from column H (started),
Column I is the theoretical end date (they have the right to 2 years of contract but they can leave earlier) .. Column J is the actual end date.
Hi Tim. When you say those who are first in contract can attend first - Which column in which sheet shows this?

Would this approach work...put a formula in the table in the Opleidingen tab that essentially ranks each person 1,2,3 etc based on how long they've worked, and that accounts for the fact that others may have already done the course?

It would work of course ... only I was hoping to do it in VBA. This would help me solve some other issues as well. But its too complicated to
explain all of this. Thankx anyway

Back