How to fix wrong column labels

tempgal

Reaction score
I inherited a spreadsheet created by someone else. Have resolved most of the many problems that were associated with it but one has me stumped. The Column Labels are wrong. Instead of the labels being A, B, C, etc., they go A, D, E, G, I, K. Have tried inserting columns and copying data to the new columns but this did not work. No matter what I do, I cannot have a B, C, F, H, or J label.

I also have one cell that will not return a correct sum. (It doubles the total.)

If I can figure out how to upload the file, will do so.

Suggestions, please.

Attachments

• ADAMS - Name Redacted Financial Asset List as of 06-30-2013.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 11
Highlight your column letter labels A thru O, right click and select unhide, all columns will now show, column H is only 1 pixel wide.

Highlight your column letter labels A thru O, right click and select unhide, all columns will now show, column H is only 1 pixel wide.

Thanks. That helped some but created new problems. For example, when I try to delete Col B, which is empty, it deletes everything in Col. A. When I try to create a new column A, it creates a new column A-B.

As someone on another Excel forum has in their tag line: "Merged cells are the work of the Devil"

It didn't create new problems it only showed other existing problems.

Unmerge the cells of the columns first. Notice that the header title in A is merged across A-B-C columns even though there is nothing in columns B or C.

Back