Conditional Formatting question

pleased2help

Reaction score
Hi can you apply two conditional formats to a single cell

ie. If cell A1 contains any "text" format it with fill red with top and side borders , or if cell A1 contains "no text" at all Fill White and with top border only.

I can get it to do one thing but not both with =$A1<>""

Many thanks in anticipatation

You would just need to add another condition (i.e. New Rule) with formula =$A1="" and your Fill White and with top border only formatting

Conditional formatting

You would just need to add another condition (i.e. New Rule) with formula =$A1="" and your Fill White and with top border only formatting

If the column "A" has a variable length ie could be 13 cells deep A1:A13, 9 cells deep A1:A9, 4 cells deep A1: A4 etc depending on a formula in the column (These cells will contain "TEXT") how can I conditional format the cell after last cell that contains "text as this will be blank except for the formula. please see attached Jpeg to explain better.

Tables.jpg

You can try =AND($A2="",$A1<>"") as CF for adding the borderline in the last cell

Conditional Formatting

You can try =AND($A2="",$A1<>"") as CF for adding the borderline in the last cell

Thank you that works nicely. can you cange the border thickness in conditional Formatting ?

Unfortunately not. You can change border style and colour only.

Back