Finding the lowest value from repeated data

rovaniemi

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and very bad in excel. I have hit a roadblock right now. I have attached an excel file.

My issue is this:

I want to find the lowest value associated with a each codes (212, 223, 230, 242) corresponding to its value in the C column.

The resultant value of 212 is 3. The values for 223, 230, 242 should be 1, 3, 5 respectively. I would be very much obliged if someone can derive one formula with which I can get the required results.

Thank you all in advance for your replies and efforts.

Attachments

• New book.xlsx
    9.2 KB · Views: 16
Hi every one,

I don't know for some reason I am unable to edit my post. There is an update to my original post.

My issue is this:

I want to find the lowest value associated with a each codes (212, 223, 230, 242) corresponding to its value in the C column.

I have tried using this formula - =IF(COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)>1,"",MIN(IF(($B$2:$B$17=B2 )*($C$2:$C$17<>0),$C$2:$C$17)))

When using this formula, the value associated with Column B is changing as the cell changes, but the value of Column C doesn't change accordingly, when the equation is applied in the Column D. The result remains the same for the entire D column.

The resultant value of 212 is 3. The values for 223, 230, 242 should be 1, 3, 5 respectively. I would be very much obliged if someone can derive one formula with which I can get the required results.

The value of the C column should change (finding the lowest value)

Thank you all in advance for your replies and efforts.

Cross-post: www . excelfox.com/forum/f2/finding-the-lowest-value-from-repeated-data-1185/

Thank you everyone in this forum who tried to find a solution to my question. As the issue was urgent I also posted it in other forums also. I found the answer to my question in excelfox forum. I am posting the link to the solution. Thank you all.

Here's excelfox.com/forum/f2/find-the-lowest-corresponding-value-for-a-repeated-value-1185/

Back