delimited text to excel

vanillaface

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am trying to clean/import this .txt to excel.

I have been trying to play around with the text to column delimiter function, but I can't get this file into a user friendly layout?

Can anyone assist please?

The actual file is longer (more rows) than this one, but thought this would be a good place to start.

Thanks

Attachments

• example.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 15
Can you upload a sheet showing how you want these things to look in Excel? Remember, we have no idea what this data should look like.

Thanks Jeff, unfortunately I also don't know how it should "look", as I am in the same position as you would be. I've fiddled with it a bit, and I think it looks like subgroups in row sections, but with columns within each group for description date long description etc.... Sorry I know it's not a l

Not a lot to work with, but at the moment I'm just trying to play around with it to get it into as easy a format as possible!

I just need it to be show (in a usable friendly manner) the stock breakdown.
So you'll notice the report basically has data showing (for different stock codes) when and how much and what cost, that stock was received.
So I was thinking if possible, would be nice to group the data for each stock code, and then have easy to analyse columns for each stock code?

Back