Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Excel Sheet Setup (Advance)

Exclamation Excel Sheet Setup (Advance)

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello All,

Going to go straight to the point.

Questions one: I'm having trouble to linking values in cells to another sheets.. I know it is as easy as having "=.. and whatever the cell you want to link to" But the problem I'm having is that I'm trying to make the linking thing not only links the value, but the color set inside that cell. Could anyone help?

Questions two: As I'm working on linking the cells together from multiple sheets (sheet 1, sheet 2.. etc) into one sheet (collaboration sheet), I came across another issue. I'm trying to let sheet "1"'s value always stays on the top of the "collaboration sheet" and sheet "2"'s value always go underneath "sheet 1"'s values and sheet "3"'s value stay under sheet "2"'s value. (easy right?) BUT, in addition.. when I "add" more values into the original sheet 1,2 and 3.. it needs to stay in order on the collaboration sheet.

Could anyone please help me fix this problem?

I've attached a setup workbook so you guys can mess around with the formula/functions.

Thank you,

HanExcel Help.xlsxExcel Help.xlsx

Articles
    Hi Han. I suggest you look at http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/crea...ultiple-tables where I helped someone pull together data from separate tables on different sheets into one. I'll need to make some minor modification so that it also brings through color...at the moment it only does values if I remember correctly. But this is very minor.

THe order thing is not a problem...my approach will let you use any order you want.

I'll post something when I get a moment.

Jeff,

You're a lifesaver. This is great, please do assist me on getting the colors through. I'm very curious how you make those "tab buttons" with colors.. it makes the sheet so much better looking. Please send me some guided tutorials or a direction to where to look for.

I appreciate all your support.

Han

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyWeir View Post
    Hi Han. I suggest you look at http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/crea...ultiple-tables where I helped someone pull together data from separate tables on different sheets into one. I'll need to make some minor modification so that it also brings through color...at the moment it only does values if I remember correctly. But this is very minor.

THe order thing is not a problem...my approach will let you use any order you want.

Jeff,

I just want to follow up with you on this. Have you find a solution for the color cells? Is there anything I could provide you to help you?

Thanks,

Exclamation Updated Spreadsheet for Revisment

Apologies about the repeated messaged. But I want to let you know I've adjusted the spreadsheet and add in new columns and data rows for the stuff I'd like to show up on the Summary page. Your assistace would be very much appreciated.

Thank you JeffRevised Table.xlsb

Quote Originally Posted by han77729 View Post
    Jeff,

I just want to follow up with you on this. Have you find a solution for the color cells? Is there anything I could provide you to help you?

Thanks,

Articles
    Sorry han77729, I got sidetracked. Quick question: is there any rules regarding what gets highlighted?

Not a problem Jeff. Yes there are. If you take a look at the AMERICA Sheet, in column J,K and L there are two cells per regular cell comparing to all the other columns and we did that because we wanted a forecast date and a actual date.

The "forecast date" is marked with the color Grey and the "Actual date" is marked with the colors below
    Green = equal or before forecast date
    Red= Past forecast date
    White = Blank

This color scheme should apply to all sheets for columns J, K and L

Thanks Jeff,

Han
    Sorry han77729, I got sidetracked. Quick question: is there any rules regarding what gets highlighted?

Articles
    Okay. You'd actually be best to use conditional formatting on the Summary sheet to do this, so that it happens automatically. I'll whip something up that is a little more advanced than the current conditions.

Also, I see you've put the words "Priority", Description, and Status in merged cells. Word to the wise...never ever merge cells. It causes VBA to fail. Instead, use the 'Center across selection' alignment option from the Format Cells dialog box that comes up when you push F1.

SHould have something for you soon.

Articles
    Thinking about this some more, I think you'd be better to handle 'Forecast' vs 'Actual' by introducing another column 'Actual' into the table rather than reusing rows. THis sound okay to you?

I guess the con to that is having additional columns, wouldn't that look too repetitive and excessive? But let's give it a go and see what we have. Great lesson on the merge cells. Thank you

Appreciate your support,

Ham
    Thinking about this some more, I think you'd be better to handle 'Forecast' vs 'Actual' by introducing another column 'Actual' into the table rather than reusing rows. THis sound okay to you?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast