Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: have order form in excel 2003 and want to link customer details to an address databas

Articles
    Excel Version
    most versions

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I think the best way would be to build a customer database in Excel
    Hope that helps

Roy

Thanks - I do not have a problem getting the list into Excel. What I am wondering is how to interface the customer section of my order form so that it opens up a data entry box that allows autofill from the customer database as well as the ability to add a new record. I could of course have both worksheets open but it would be nice to have it linked. Am I making sense? Andrew

thanks Roy

see my reply to hercules as I have no problem with the database being in excel but would like to link the data entry when serving a customer to the existing databse.

Say you are my customer Roy Smith and there are 14 Smiths on my database I would like to be able to autofill your record if you are already on the database or to be able to create a new record if you are not from my order form template.

Thanks Andrew

Articles
    Excel Version
    most versions
    This is confusing. You started with an outlook contacts list, now you will be using an Excel Database.

You have no skills with VBA so I don't know how you expect to create a form. You can check out the DataBaseForm here
    Hope that helps

Roy

Sorry Roy - I didnt mean to confuse. Whilst my customer list is in Outlook, if I had to export it to excel to make it work easily I would have been happy to. Thank you for the database form link which I will check out and thank you for the advice re VBA. It sounds as if I may need to get someone with experience of VBA to design the form for me.

Thanks again

Andrew

Articles
    Excel Version
    most versions
    Not sure what the protocol here is but I do a lot of such work & can usually adapt previous forms.
    Hope that helps

Roy

This is not commercially critical at the moment and I should work with the order form in situ for a while before committing to commissioning some professional work but would be able to get in touch through excel-IT I guess? Depends on the cost I suppose.

Thanks for all your input so far.

Andrew

Articles
    Excel Version
    Andrew
    Have a look at the attachment. You enter your name in N5, and the idea is to get down to just one entry in the extract table which is the one that is referenced in the invoice. I created a dummy list of names and addresses that seems to work ok. If you need any help with getting the data from Outlook refer to the link I posted earlier.

Herc
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you but I think I broke it on first attempt. I typed T in the N5 cell and hit return and came up with #NAME? across every cell in columns Q to AA.

I am running Office 2003

Articles
    Excel Version
    Thats a nuisance. It must be that Im using a function thats not in 2003. I will check out and get back to you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast