Thread: Remove conditional formatting before printing

Remove conditional formatting before printing

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi
    I know this subject has been on here before, being a complete novice most of the solutions are way above my head. I need a nice and simple solution if there is such a thing. I have a wookbook with conditional formatting where workmates fill in required data, if some of these cells are missed for any reason they show the colour. I wish to remove all the colour before printing, then resore it again once printing is finished.

Hope you can help, remeber (KISS) Keep It Simple Stupid, so that I may follow.

Articles
    Here's one approach: You create a new named range called "ShowFormatting" and in it you put either "Yes" or "No". You then amend the conditional formatting formulas so that they ALSO check whether that cell has "Yes" in it. http://blog.contextures.com/archives...al-formatting/

Articles
    You can also have a macro to automatically change the ShowFormatting to "No" while you print, and then change it back. This should do it (although I haven't tested...don't have access to a printer right now).
    Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module.

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
    [ShowFormatting] = "False"
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True, _
    IgnorePrintAreas:=False
    [ShowFormatting] = "True"
    Cancel = True
    End Sub