New to forum could use some help

joe

Reaction score
Hi everyone I could use some help here. what i need to do is pull data from multiple workbooks into one workbook.I have one main excel file with a list of 1000s of parts. Now the part number for each part is in column "A". each part has a separate excel file that is given the name of the part number in column "A". I need to get the data from a cell in that file for each part into the main excel file. Now I know i can do this by simply doing [workbookname]sheetname!cell but then i would have to type each part number for every formula. Is there a way to reference the part number in column A which is the same as the workbook name into the formula so i can just write the formula once and drag it down the column.

part #materialslabor
2558a36
Here is an example of what i need. Each part number has its own excel file that contains the labor in a cell in that file. I know i could do [2558]sheet1!A1. but i have thousands of parts in this list is there a way insert the part # from column A into that formula so i don't have to write it in for every part or some other way anyone can think of to do it.

Back