Time Table is giving me trouble

davsank

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm sorry if this thread belongs at another forum, it just seemed as the closest one.

Anyway, I'm trying to build a not so regular time table (as where I come from breaks and such work differently) so basically, I got columns for dates(A) , day names(B), punch-in hours(C), punch-out hours(D), total work hours(E) and additional hours(F) and a few others. (sorry if I use the wrong terminology, I'm translating from Hebrew).

The formula I'm using to calculate the work hours is "=IF((D2-C2)<0,D2-C2+24,D2-C2)" so that it can also take into account night shifts or any shift that ends after 24:00.

the problem come at the very very last row called totals. the total for the work hours should show the work hours for the entire month, so I tired using "=SUM(E2:E31)" however it resets on 24:00 (so if someone worked 25 hours in a month for example, it'll only show 01:00).

How can I fix this?

I'm adding an Example File called Example.xlsx for may 2013 as this is the soonest I'm going to start using this - I'm using Excel 2010 if it's relevant.

Attachments

• example.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 15
Hi davsank

Format the total cell as [h]:mm. Format cells > Number > Custom > Type: "[h]:mm" (not inc. quotes)

Kevin

You can also simplify your formula to

=MOD(D2-C2,1)

Back