Ken Puls

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.excelguru.ca
Excel Version(s)
Excel Office 365 Insider
I've got a beta account for Office 365, and it supports up to 25 users. I'd like to have a few people join in so that we can test how the online collaboration works.

If you're interested, post here and I'll set you up so we can test. :)

Is that that cloudy thing?

Oh yeah, I can't think of anything better than to waste my time of MS software that undoubtedly be absolutely bullet-proof, and totally pointless.

Hi Ken....

Thanks for the offer. Although if I have a Beta Account (Plan P1, 25 Users, Germany) too, I am also curious what happens when users from different countries are using Office365 from respective accounts. Will be great, if you have a place for me :)

Best Regards :)

I'd love to give it a look Ken.

Jesse

Hi guys,

You should all have received invites. I sent them to the email addy you used to register for the site.

I've set you all up as "non-admins" right now. We'll play with that, but I'm curious as to what you see first. :)

Hi all...

thanks Ken, I logged in and can see the start page, which looks like my own account excepted the admin button. However when trying to access the shared documents folder from the site (my idea was to upload a doc with screenshots about my steps from the invitation mail to the login; I can, of course, also upload it here), I get an "access denied" message.

I have also some other questions: may we post and talk about our experiences when testing here on the forum? For example, is it better to open new threads for the tests as we are testing or may it be perhaps better that we create specific threads focussed on some test areas? What are you thinking?

Tomorrow, I will test more things :)

Best regards :)

I'm in Ken if you still have spots. I love cloudy stuff.

Just tried to sign in using the password that MS emailed me, but it didn't recognize it. Tried cutting and pasting, tried typing it in manually. No joy. Bloody typical. Can you reset it for me, Ken?

Done.

And Mourad, I checked with my lead. They're okay with us posting about our experiences with Office365 publicly, so yes, feel free to start threads here. :)

I took a look at it as well. For those who have a niche for it, could be nice for them. Get your business onto Exchange server email/calendar, sharing/collaboration software using SharePoint, plus Lync. Can get pricey though, ranging from $6-27 per user per month. Even if it's just basic email (lowest plan) for 10 people, you're looking at $6 x 10 x 12 = $720 per year. Maybe it's just me, but it's a little steep, especially going from $0 (assuming the company didn't have this expense previously). I'm curious to know how your testing goes though. :)

I don't know, Zack. If I'm a small business, $720 per year is a lot less than having to buy/maintain my own email server alone, let alone the other benefits of the platform.

Back