Thread: Filtering Problem for Combined Cells

Filtering Problem for Combined Cells

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello All,

I'm trying to do a filter on a spreadsheet where I have multiple columns and rows. (duh) So the problem is that on some rows and columns I have just a single cell, which is fine.. but some columns I have multiple rows as one row. I honestly don't even know how to explain this.. so please view the attached spreadsheet for example.

When I try to filter, there was no problem with the headers BUT it does not pick up the second row of dates within that row.. if that makes sense. If I filter it by aircraft.. how can it pick up both of the dates. If there's not solution for this, is there an alternative?

Thanks as always,

Filter:Merging Cell.xlsx

Assistant Needed

Can someone assist please?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by han77729 View Post
    Hello All,

I'm trying to do a filter on a spreadsheet where I have multiple columns and rows. (duh) So the problem is that on some rows and columns I have just a single cell, which is fine.. but some columns I have multiple rows as one row. I honestly don't even know how to explain this.. so please view the attached spreadsheet for example.

When I try to filter, there was no problem with the headers BUT it does not pick up the second row of dates within that row.. if that makes sense. If I filter it by aircraft.. how can it pick up both of the dates. If there's not solution for this, is there an alternative?

Thanks as always,

Filter:Merging Cell.xlsx

It's because of the merged cells, you need to get rid of them and repeat the values for all applicable rows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Phillips View Post
    It's because of the merged cells, you need to get rid of them and repeat the values for all applicable rows.
    Thank you.