How to Count blank Cells in a column till last used row

BDH-EXC

Reaction score
Hi There,

I have been busy with VBA today and i'm making an overview of the resultcodes in a workbook, only the amount of rows vary each day.

Is there a method to count the blank cells in a specific column to the last row instead of getting a number like 64,954?

I need to display the amount of blank cells, i display the number in a different sheet then the data is in.

The sheet with the data is called "DATATABLE" i now have Range("B40").Value = "=COUNTIF(DATATABEL!C[42],"""")" but this gives me every single blank cell until the end, i just need the blank cells till the last row.

Thanks in advance!

Gr. Bas

Sorry, I'm not really following what you're after here. Could you attach a copy of a stripped down workbook showing what you have on one sheet, and what you'd expect to see on another?

You could try this array formula

=COUNTBLANK(OFFSET($B$2,,,MAX(IF(B:B<>"",ROW(B:B)))))

I'm not great with VBA
But one idea struck me
xldown
row =
row = row-1
then if "" count

You can probably do the code if not I could write it with some little reserch.

I'm not great with VBA
But one idea struck me
xldown
row =
row = row-1
then if "" count

You can probably do the code if not I could write it with some little reserch.

You would need to do xlUP, xlDown will stop at the first blank.

Hi there guy's,

Thanks for the responses but i also posted it on another forum and i fixed it already, i used the following code:

Dim bottomA As Integer
bottomA = Range("AR" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Sheets("Draaiboek Statussen").Range("B40") = Application.CountBlank(Sheets("DATATABEL").Range("AR1:AR" & Sheets("DATATABEL").Cells(Rows.Count, "AR").End(xlUp).Row))

Thanks for posting back your solution. Just for info, please have a quick read of this article

He Ken,

Thanks for the reply, i just read the article and i understand what you mean. I only have 2 forums where i ask VBA related questions on and i always try to check both, and also reply to both.

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-pro...till-last-used-row.html?p=3068237#post3068237 this is the other site where i posted.

Maybe someone will be interested in it.

Gr, Bas

Back