How to restore default font in comments?

goneps

Reaction score
Since installing Office 2003 on a new PC the default font for Excel comments has changed from 8pt. to 9pt. There doesn't appear to be any standard means for setting or resetting the default for comments. Does anyone have a trick for dealing with this exasperating behaviour?

Thanks!

Thanks, Ken, but those instructions seem to apply to earlier versions of Windows than Win7, which I'm using. I've spent a frustrating hour trying to find similar means of adjusting it in 7 without success, and I can find no reference to it in the weighty tome Windows 7 Inside Out. Windows searches for "tool tip" or "tooltip" draw a blank. MS seems to delight in making simple adjustments impossible, or at least impossible to locate.

Thanks, Ken, but those instructions seem to apply to earlier versions of Windows than Win7, which I'm using.
Ah, true enough.

I've spent a frustrating hour trying to find similar means of adjusting it in 7 without success, and I can find no reference to it in the weighty tome Windows 7 Inside Out. Windows searches for "tool tip" or "tooltip" draw a blank.
Well, I'm not going to lie. I found you the answer, but this is pretty damn ridiculous, as the steps depend on the version of Windows 7 that you're running. Hopefully this thread gets logged in Google so that someone else who is looking for it can come up with the answer...

If you're using Windows 7 Start or Basic:
  • Open the Control Panel and click the Display icon
  • ON the left, click CHange color scheme
  • Click on Advanced
  • Click Advanced apperance settings

If you're using any other version of Windows 7:
  • Right click the Desktop and click Personalize
  • Click the Window Color icon (at bottom)
  • Click Advanced apperance settings

At that point you should be able to select Tooltip from the "Item" menu:
1-3-2013 8-49-36 PM.png

MS seems to delight in making simple adjustments impossible, or at least impossible to locate.
LOL! Believe me, I know how you feel. :)

Absolutely brilliant! Well done indeed! Many thanks for coming up with this while my hair is still intact. Have made a note for future reference.

For the record I'm running Home 64-bit, so your second procedure applies. It's high time MS' Windows developers got acquainted with the word "intuitive".

Your help's much appreciated.

Richard

Back