Tabs in excel

excelnew

Reaction score
Hi,

my case is to create a tab in excel sheet.

eg: there are column1,column2,column3, I want to create a tab which when i click should highlight only the values in column 1,similar another tab should highlight only values in column 2

Please someone help me out on this.
thanks,

Ken,

I want to create a button in excel sheet that links/highlights only a particular row when i click on the button.

Here in this case when i click button P1 it shoudl highlight only P1 and similarly for P2 & P3
2012-12-21 12-32-34_Microsoft Excel - Book1.gif

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    15.2 KB · Views: 26
Also can u please can provide me the detaisl on how to animate an object in excel. like movign forth horizontaly and vertically

Please help me out.

thx,

Let's start with the first question first, and come back to the second one.

So those areas you want to highlight... are they some kind of textbox or shape? Or are you trying to select specific ranges of cells? (Like selecting A1:A10 for example)

What colour do you want them to be? And what version of Excel are you using?

Ken,

Its a specific range of cells.I want them to be in any colour.My version of excel is 2003.

thx

Okay, so what you want to do is this.

Follow the link in my signature on where to put VBA code. Here's the code you want to start with:
Code:
Sub ColourRange1()

Range("C11:C18").Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End Sub

For each button you want, copy the above in, and make sure you update the first line to 2, 3, etc..

The code, as is, will colour in yellow (I think... been a long time since I used 2003).

Next you need to right click your button, assing macro, and pick the appropriate one.

Hopefully that will get you started, but let me know if you run into any issues.

thx Ken,I will try and let u know incase of any questions!!!

Its working Ken,Thx

Can I animate the cells,like when I click the button 1 it should highlight only button one.

Back