V lookup formula

Statz

Reaction score
I have excel 2003. I can't post this attachment because the information is too personal. But figured I'd give it a shot and see if anybody has had this problem.

I have a data base that is feeding 3 more work sheets information through V look up. For some reason it's not feeding it correctly despite the formula being right.
I know it's right because of what I'm about to explain.

When I open up the file and I realize the information is incorrect I click on the cell that is incorrect and click F2, then click on a blank cell to cancel out the F2 and it suddenly works. It even fixes itself if I create a new work sheet (blank work sheet), then immediately after creating it I delete. The information is fixed where it currently had been wrong.

I have no idea why this is happening.

Any thoughts?

To be honest, I have never met that kind of problem. But it looks like technical problem not formula related. Can you simulate your excel file on the different workbook? And then upload to site to analyze closer.
To talk in advance, if this is a technical problem then migrating all your data to different workbook will solve the problem. :) (Heards like amateurs way of solution).

It sounds like your formula calculations in the Excel options is set to Manual instead of Automatic.

On Excel Menu

Goto Tools\Options select Calculation tab and see if Manual is selected.

Automatic needs to be checked.

It's always been to automatic. Also even tried changing it to manual and F9 but still did not work. I had both my bosses checking it out and they were confused as well. One thing that did seem weird is that my boss opened it on his computer and it did not have a problem. He has 2007 and I have 2003.

I can't upload it because even deleting important confidential work sheets that are not connected to the page in error fixes the error.

Hi

eisayev is not asking you to upload your workbook, he is asking for a simulated workbook.

I can't upload it because even deleting important confidential work sheets that are not connected to the page in error fixes the error.

Last edited:
Back