Worksheet named from cell

What to show in the To Cover cells Andy?

They should also be data validation calls from SHIFT DETAILS worksheet. All shifts to be displayable for all rosters. The magic you're weaving with this spreadsheet astounds me, but I need to be able to add to theses shifts as and when necessary. My understanding of the DV functionality is that if I insert a data value somewhere between the first and last this will show in the drop down

Andy, I am not sure I fully understand that, so let me state it as I see it.

You want the 'To Cover' items to have DV, that was expected, but what list should be in that DV? Will it be the same people for that site, everyone else, or some other list?

As to the DV functionality, it will only appear in the list if you put a new team member in the right place. So, if Bournemouth gets a new person, you need to add the person to the staff table, in a row where the other Bournemouth team are, and add the site id (you do not need the fullname, formula derived). You should insert the new person in place so that the team appear in the order you want. You cannot just add it at the end, the team need to be together. Do that, and that person will appear in the DV for Bournemouth- I just tried it and it works :smile:.

Hi Bob, we seem to have gone away quite extensivley from my primary objective which was to name each sheet dynamically from a list.
XL GURU.jpg
Whilst I appreciate your expertise and efforts I'm trying to develop my skills too

Back