Excel Online – Refresh Power Query – Failed -- Help

asjones987

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I have an Excel file that I wand to be able to do a Data -> Refresh All Connections to update a very simple Power Query script. I have 4 Excel Sheets and a simple Table in each. I have a Power Query script setup to import each table them Append all 4 tables then put the Table on another sheet filtering out NULL. Unfortunately when doing a Refresh online instead of the desktop I get the error message “External Data Refresh Failed – We were unable to refresh one or more data connections in this workbook. The following connections failed to refresh.”

I only a found a few very old references to this issue and was hoping someone had a suggestion. In my mind it is not even an External connection as everything is contained in a single sheet. I know Excel desktop sometimes says it is an External connection also if not in a trusted folder. However it seems like there should be a way for this to refresh on the web if all internal to the same file.
Any help thoughts or workarounds?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

As Mynda replied to you here, Excel Online can't refresh Power Queries (yet).

In future, please do post links to any questions that you cross post on other sites. It helps us make sure that our community volunteers don't waste time answering questions that have already been addressed elsewhere.

thanks i was not sure what forums were more active these days.

Power Query online is used so much in other products it would be nice if they could at least get refresh working for Excel Online.

Back