Excel formula assistance

mgroms

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Office365
[FONT=&quot]I am planning to derive an answer in percentage in excel by using excel formula. Basically, I am trying to select a specific number from a cell, then add that specific number and then divide to get percentage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For example -[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the excel sheet from total 5 cells - if Cell A1 has 100, Cell A2 has 100, Cell A5 has 100 - then select those 3 numbers from A1, A2, A5 and add them (100 + 100 + 100 = 300) then divide 5 and take that answer as percentage & in this case - 300 / 5 = 60[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can you share a formula by using select or another manner. Thank for your assistance.[/FONT]

Administrative Note:

Welcome to the forum. :)

We would very much like to help you with your query, however it has been brought to our attention that the same query has been posted on one or more other forums and you have not provided the required cross-post link(s) here.

Read this to understand why we (and other sites like us) consider this to be important.

(Note: this requirement is not optional. I will do this for you today, as you are new here: https://www.excelforum.com/excel-formulas-and-functions/1361247-excel-formula-assistance.html )

Thank you AliGW. I had to post in that forum as initially, I couldnt find an option to post a new question. Hence I posted in another forum. But =SUMIF(P7:p12,H15,P7:p12)/5/100 formula helped me. I will close this post.

By the way, I was trying to close this question, I am not sure if I am seeing in the right spot, I dont see an option to close it. May be you can let me know please.

Last edited:
There is no way to mark a thread as solved here - sorry.

Please just take note of the rules here and on the other forum and follow them. Thank you.

Back