Conditional formatting in a column on values in a row, based on last non empty cell

RogerP

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi,
I wish to set Column AA with a conditional format so that when the value in Column AA for any row (in the range L – Z), is greater than the value in row 9, based on the last non blank cell of that row & then the cell in AA is filled with Red.
e.g. The value in AA13 is greater than the value of V11, which is defined by V13 being the last non blank cell in the row.
I know how to do the fill with conditional formatting, but I cannot work out how to do the formula?
Any help would be much appreciated.RPCF1.png

I assume that when you say "The value in AA13 is greater than the value of V11, which is defined by V13..." you mean "The value in AA13 is greater than the value of V9, which is defined by V13..."

If you always have something in the previous cells to the last one, being that a date or an "x" you can get to know which column is the last one by using a COUNTA. Then, this value can be used as argument for an OFFSET function to get the value in row 9 to be used to compare with value in col AA

I assume that when you say "The value in AA13 is greater than the value of V11, which is defined by V13..." you mean "The value in AA13 is greater than the value of V9, which is defined by V13..."

If you always have something in the previous cells to the last one, being that a date or an "x" you can get to know which column is the last one by using a COUNTA. Then, this value can be used as argument for an OFFSET function to get the value in row 9 to be used to compare with value in col AA

Hi Ret, You are correct re the value in AA13 is greater then the Value of V9, my bad!
Thankyou for the reply, I will have a go at using COUNTA & OFFSET

Hi Ret, You are correct re the value in AA13 is greater then the Value of V9, my bad!
Thankyou for the reply, I will have a go at using COUNTA & OFFSET

Hi Ret, many thanks for the heads up re COUNTA & OFFSET, all sorted now ;0)

Back