View excel spreadsheet as calendar

EKopin

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
2013, webapp
Hi!

I work at a community college and I was asked by my department if there is a way to view our enrollment report as a calendar, that would take into account rooms, days, and times, and put them into something that looks like a calendar so they can see it more visually. I have no idea where to start with this, so I thought the general forum would be best to point me in the right direction if this is possible.

I am attaching a spreadsheet with a mockup of the information I get and how I wish I could see it. It gets even more complicated because different parts of term start different dates...but I don't want to get into that yet since I feel I am already biting off way more than I can chew. I can use excel fine, but only the normal parts of it. Not all the cool coding stuff.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 202220 Enrollment Report 8.4.21 - test for excel.xlsx
    120.7 KB · Views: 15
EKopin,

Sometimes you have to treat your boss like heroin and "Just say No". If that does not work, I suggest you might consider asking would you like a Pony with that. And I know you know this however asking the question takes 2% of the effort the other 98% is often you attempting to make it happen and as ever the devil is in the detail.

Spent 30 minutes playing with this. Pivot tables will not directly give you text values it will just count. PQ will allow you pivot and not aggregate and thus text values can be seen if you keep it in a Table with slicers. This is very raw however it may give you some ideas. However my best idea is in paragraph 1 above.

https://www.screencast.com/t/9DaV5kbI9EJ

Attachments

• 202220 Enrollment Report 8.4.21 - test for excel (1).xlsx
    429.4 KB · Views: 15
Hi Ed,

Thank you for looking at this, and thank you for your humorous response as well :) I appreciate your time and thoughts. My boss would have no problem with me saying I can't do this, it is just an ideal situation to be able to see things more easily for the faculty. He is computer instructor, like cyber security and networking, and thinks that it is possible but didn't really ask me to do it. I just have a lot of time on my hands and hoped that I would be able to do anything at all for this. This is obviously way too over my head.

Thank you again, and I will let him know the crystal ball is saying, "No"\

Etana

Back