VBA: Add Data to another column in another sheet depending on a condition

sjo007

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Excel for Mac 16.4
I have 2 sheets. The first column in both sheet A and Sheet B have the same ID no in that column.

If there is an entry greater than 0 in Sheet 1 Column B (called Data A), then copy that entry to Sheet 2 Column B (Data B) against the correct ID in that Row.

What formulae do I need to put in Sheet 2 Column B (data B) in order to pull this data from Sheet 1 please ?

The reason behind this is that I have many Sheet 1s that do not have rows with consecutive row number on so I am copying data by hand from the ID no on on Sheet 1 to the corresponding ID no on Sheet 2.

So the formula needs to look at the ID no on Sheet 1 and if there is a value in that row greater than 0 (Data A) , then copy that number to the correct row on Sheet 2 - which I hope makes sense.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Please see Sample file attached.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Attachments

• Sample File.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 6
Stephen,https://www.screencast.com/t/688RYPOPtgNfHere you go just do a basic merge in PQ directly or if you have multiple files in the same work book consider accessing that file using a brand new Excel workbook and selecting the root of the the populated workbook that way as new tabs are added you can automatically refresh these puppies into the build versus having hardcoded the individual sheets and having to constantly change the query for newly added tabs.Knock 'em Dead Sailor!

Attachments

• Sample File.xlsx
    21.5 KB · Views: 4
Huge thanks Ed for the reply. Just a quick final question - will this still work if the ID numbers of the sheet in the first column I want to merge does not have consecutive rows of data in so for example:

ID. Data
3 45
5 67
8 30

Needs to merge with a sheet that has

ID. Data

I need to line up data with the correct ID number row.

Many thanks for the help - much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Thanks Ed - I have just realised that Mac Excel with O365 (Version 16.51) which I have does not have PQ - sadly. Is there a way to do this without PQ please ?

Huge thanks for the help.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Consider reposting it and perhaps one of the VBA guys can quickly pull some code together

Back