needing help with show a cell as blank

gizmo

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
16.5 IOS
Hi, Extremely new to creating my own excel sheets and am self-taught so please bear with me on this. I am trying to get the highlighted cell to show as blank if the number on the corresponding row under "shift length" is less than 5 hours.
I have the cell highlighted to show the formula I used to achieve the number under the column "lunch".
I have tried to use "conditional formatting" to create a new rule, which was:
=IF(C2>B2+TIME(5,0,0),"")
That was unsuccessful and I am at a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.06.53 PM.jpg

to get the highlighted cell to show as blank if the number on the corresponding row under "shift length" is less than 5 hours.
Ditch any conditional formatting and adjust your spreadsheet formula to read:
=IF(OR(C2="",D2="",C2<5),"",E2+2*(1/24))

It would be better if you attached a workbook, especially as there are times involved, because what we see in a picture may not tell us what's in the cells.

In the attached I have only changed the formulae in the yellow highlighted cells.
Column G formula is, I suspect, looking at the wrong columns.

Attachments

• ExcelGuru11242Test Daily Tracker.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 8
In the attached I have only changed the formulae in the yellow highlighted cells.
Column G formula is, I suspect, looking at the wrong columns.

Thank you so much! I have been trying to figure this out for about 2 days.

Curious as to what the $ equates to? I am able to see where I was making the mistakes in regards to the time.

Curious as to what the $ equates to?
Check out absolute v. relative references. I think you tried to copy a formula to the right before tweaking it, but because that formula used relative references it ended up looking at the wrong columns. The $ makes the column reference absolute but the row reference remains relative.

Back