Cash burn rate and depletion date

imapoboy2

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
I'm tracking funds for a project in which payments are made "as needed" instead of being on a periodic schedule (weekly, monthly, etc...). I am asking for help on how to formulate a funding burn rate and an estimated depletion date for the available funds.

My spreadsheet contains the following:

Cell H1 = Funded Amount
Cell L1 = Today's Date
Column A = Payment # (e.g. 1, 2, 3...)
Column F = Invoiced Amount
Column H = Running total of $ (Amount Paid to Date)

Additional Information:

Contract term - 12 months

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It would be very helpful if you attached some sample data (ie. 5-8 records) and then a mocked up solution. Do not load a picture as we can not manipulate data in a picture.

Tracking funds for a project with "as needed" payments can be a bit challenging, but with some calculations, you can estimate your funding burn rate and depletion date. Firstly, ensure you have a running total in Column H that accurately reflects the amount paid to date. To calculate the burn rate, divide the funded amount in Cell H1 by the number of months in the contract term. This will give you an average monthly expenditure. From there, you can estimate the depletion date by dividing the remaining funds by the burn rate. If you need ideas on how to get 100 dollars fast, there are various strategies you can explore. Good luck with your project, and I hope this helps you with your funding tracking!

Last edited:
Back